The home automation system is getting smarter every day by having new smart add-on in its basket. A smart plug is one such invention that has made lives easier for smart homeowners.
What is a Smart Plug?
We are familiar with the word, power strips or power plug. A smart plug is the smarter version of the power strip or a power plug as it can be operated digitally with the help of a smart home application. SpikeBot helps you choose the top 3 smart plugs for your smart home with this blog post.
Before we start discussing the top 3 smart plugs for your home automation system in 2020, let me give a quick brief on, what smart plugs do?
How Smart Plugs Works as a part of the Home Automation System?
Many devices run directly through the power plug. The smartphones, tablets, iPads, night lamps, cooler, table fan, mixture grinder, refrigerator, oven, etc. are directly plugged in the power strip. All these devices can be turned on and off with the help of a mobile app when you have a smart plug instead of a traditional power plug. The smart plugs help you control the night lamp or the other plugged-in devices via an app.
Top 3 Smart Plugs for your Smart Home and Smart Office Solutions
1. Belkin Wemo Smart Plug
Belkin Wemo is one of the growing innovative family of smart devices. Many smart home automation system owners recommend Wemo Smart Plugs as it fits any electric outlet easily for helping you control the plugged-in devices with ease. The smart plug requires a Wi-Fi router, Android 4.4 or higher and iOS 10 or higher OS for helping it control the devices. Now, let us have a quick view of the features of the Wemo Smart Plug.
- Wemo Smart Plugs have the most convenient and smart design
- The plug supports to schedule the lights and appliances.
- It can randomize the lights ( To learn more, you can click here)
- Works with Amazon Alexa
- Works with Google Assistant
- Works with Apple HomeKit
- It also works with IFTTT for automated recipes.
SpikeBot Recommendation: 5*
We as SpikeBot Home Automation System recommend using Wemo smart plugs for managing and controlling plugged devices and lamps. The plug comes in with the best features than all the smart plug brands available in the market.
2. Philips Hue Smart Plug
Philips is one of the most trusted electrical brands for decades. The Philips Hue Smart plugs are readily available online on sites like Amazon and are available for sale on its official website too. Let us discuss the essential features of the plug.
- Smart accessory design (Small and subtle)
- Instant control via Bluetooth
- Can be controlled via hue bridge app
- Alexa voice control for managing smart plug commands
- Works with Google Assitant
- Accessible with Zigbee light link
SpikeBot Recommendation: 3*
We as SpikeBot Home Automation System moderately recommend the use of Philips Hue Smart Plug because it has fewer varieties available in the market. Also, it works best with Philips hue application.
When we talk about TP-Link, we relate it to the Wi-Fi networking devices. It is #1 Wi-Fi networking devices serving over 170 countries worldwide. TP-Link smart plug comes with an exclusive design and excellent access control for helping smart homeowners to operate and control the plug with ease. Let us have a look at the features.
- Modern, elegant and simple design.
- Using the free Kasa App, the TP-Link smart plug can be used to control the devices from anywhere in the world.
- It comes with an exclusive scheduling feature for scheduling the devices and turning it off or on.
- Away mode featuring for the safety of your home.
- Helps to control the smart home plug with Amazon Echo voice control.
- Works with Google Assistant
SpikeBot Recommendation: 4*
TP-Link is a leading electronics brand. We at SpikeBot recommend using the TP-Link smart plugs for managing the different devices with ease. You can say, ‘Hey Alexa, turn on the stereo’ and the stereo will start playing without having you to get up from the bed or chair.
There are many other brands as well that are selling smart plugs, but we have featured the top 3 SpikeBot recommended smart plugs for your reference. You can also learn more about smart home products and controls by visiting our official webpage.